View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 28, 2012, 02:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
You must be the only one

I've been to two clinics run by professional umpires, and this wasn't even close to what was taught.

It sounds like you must run for C to B, and make your calls on the run.
Well, that's nice and all. I learned from professionals as well. What were you taught? Why don't you mention that, instead of just criticizing all the time? I am set for all my calls. You need to see me umpire before you say asinine, ridiculous statements. If I'm in C and it is going to be a 6-4-3 or 4-6-3 DP, I do move rapidly toward B when the ball is hit, and stop in perfect position to see the play at 2nd, and I then signal the out as I drift over to the B area (as was taught by pro umpires), which is about 3 or 4 good steps, then turning with the throw and setting to see play at first. Excellent position to see both plays. I am all about getting the best angles and distance I can get out of every play in order to be in good position. Damn, why am always forced to explain things to you?

I don't start in B, turn around, call play at 2nd, turn toward 1st, and call play at first. Why, is that how you were taught? I don't start in C and just stand there to call both plays. Why, is that how you were taught?
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Sat Apr 28, 2012 at 03:01am.