View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 26, 2012, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBUmp View Post
Big difference between getting hit in the hands on a swing and ball contacting the bat a second time. Umpire doesnt indicate if he made immediate ruling or if there was a delay which could have led coach to believing there was an initial different ruling. Did base ump file a report? If so what are his version of events?
Here's the BU's report:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseUmpInNeedOfTraining
I was in the C position with a runner on first. The batter swung at the pitch just as I was checking out the hot mom on the first base side. My partner called a dead ball instead of a foul ball when it hit the batters hands. Everyone knows the hands are part of the bat - even the coach did. I came in while they were arguing and told them both that my partner was wrong, hoping they'd fix it. But partner didn't fix it.

The next half inning, I was standing by the fence talking about the play with some parents, telling them what a tool my partner was when I heard some commotion around home plate. Apparently my partner ejected the dude that was warming up the pitcher - I guess he wasn't wearing a mask, like I always make them do. I don't know, I didn't ask him about it afterward cause I had a hot date and the minute the game was over, I jetted out of there straight to my car.

West Houston Mike