View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 25, 2012, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker303 View Post
Happen in a game that I coached in last night and I am not sure of the call. LL game, we are visitor - home is at bat with 2 outs, runner at 3rd in an extra innings with a tie ball game. Batter hits ball to SS, SS throws to 1st and the Base Ump calls runner at 1st out. Runner on 3rd is going on contact and goes home, 1st doesn't throw home until after the fact becasue he hears out at 1st is called. Home team appeals the out at 1st call, says 1st left the bag early. Base ump asks for help from Plate ump, plate ump calls runner at 1st safe and then calls runner to home safe run scores game over. Is that the right call??? Most of my team was headed to the dugout to hit when the 3rd out was called. Is the ball dead after the 3rd out is called and runners remain at 1st & 3rd??
Are you trying to say the runner on third should stay there until he finds out what the result at first is going to be. There was no out at third it got reversed. Think about what your asking here because it doesn't make sense in terms of the rules of the game you are coaching.