View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 21, 2012, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are right that the rule does not specify really what it means, just like the rules does not say what is profanity. And until rules makers get specific like they have with other issues (like pulling out a jersey) then you will have different interpretations on what it is or when it takes placePeace
This is exactly what Jeff Van Gundy was saying...until "they" (the NBA, NCAA, NFHS) decide they want to put a stop to it, it will continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
As I said, players try to fake/embellish or make the contact seem worse but still are fouled. And until there is a standard that we all can agree on, then I will disagree with you that a fake is simply a fake. I have yet to see anyone call a T or penalize this at any level. And that is why I said that JVG was over the top in his outrage and has never had to make a single call in his life to know what he is asking and how to apply those rules. He needs to get over himself and stop being a drama queen about something that is not tragic to the game even if you think it happens too often.
Peace
It's NOT Jeff Van Gundy who is the drama queen....IT'S ALL THE FLOPPERS who are the drama queens!

You seem to think that 1+2=4....It you agree that embellishing contact to draw a foul (when no foul is warranted) is a flop, and flopping happens often, and nobody calls a T for flopping because of the rule, then why won't "they" change the rule?.....because "they" do not see anything wrong with it OR to put it another way - "they" are fine with flopping.

It's pretty simple...1+2=3.