Thread: How to correct?
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 14, 2012, 11:36am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
I'm not buying into their conversation. The plate ump should walk away.

I agree w/ those who state PU has "must touch 1B" responsibility on BR's hit to RF in the OP and he should be making both awards. I say that because BU should have touch second responsibility on R1 and following play into 3rd base. PU should know if R1 reached 2nd base before F9 releases the ball toward 3B and should be checking BR "status" at 1B. Those 2 events are right in front of him.

If the base ump awards BR second base because the batter was not half way. I'm looking into the dugout, but I'm not coaching. If that BR stops at 2B and coach buys it and walks away, play ball. I'm going back to the plate as if the BR failed to reach 1B before TOT.

Now if that coach goes out for an explanation. I might offer my advice if asked, but I will not pass the mound to get involved in his discussion. BU is gonna have to ask me for my opinion. The goal is to get it right, without coaching either team.
So, you are going to intentionally allow your partner to misapply a rule? It is the PU's call all the way to begin with, and you are going to let the BU award 2nd base due to a cockamamie "half way to second base" misinterpretation?

To quote Tim C. "~sigh~"
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25