View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 11, 2003, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wizard
(A quote from Rush): Overall, the videos prove that NBA officials are correct ninety-three percent of the time. So if somebody is around ninety percent, then he's not up to par.

How many of the other professional sports' officials would be able to admit such a claim.

I would have to say that NBA officials have the most difficult job. All professional sports are a business and are entertainment. The powers that be want 1) their stars on the floor and 2) those stars to be able to entertain. Those stars cannot entertain if traveling was called the way it was years ago. And those stars cannot stay on the floor if fouls were called the way they were years ago. This doesn't put the officials in an admirable position. My hats off to them.

I'm a big fan of the NBA and I don't understand how the game is taken as pure entertainment. I do understand the business aspect, but really believe its about b-ball. Micheal Jordan never looked liked he was entertaining in his championship runs. Shaq doesn't look like he is entertaining either. They have NO SMILES until they WIN!!!