View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Thanks again, ever so much. Really. I have no idea how I ever managed a career with never having a protest over a call or complaint filed over game management without your amazing tips. Thanks to your input I know understand that when one does not do things as you suggest, it simply means that one is wrong.

Please, keep those tips and tidbits coming. I look forward to your advice daily. I know of no one else who so freely shares their superior knowledge. Really. Thank you.
With each post, you remind me and this board of a spoiled child who was caught behaving badly.

You profess endless umpiring knowledge but cannot fathom that drawing a line in the sand, per your suggestion, is a bad idea. Your advice is akin to stating, "One more word from you and you're done." That is called baiting. I know of no professional school that teaches such, nor any credible umpire who embraces that tact. Meanwhile, I suggest what every professional umpiring school currently does - umpire silence can never be misquoted. You seem to believe that I am alone in this belief. That arrogance is stupifying. You criticized another but cannot accept the same. Your post games must be amazingly frustrating for partners.

For what it's worth, the word is 'now' and not 'know'. If you intend to insult, don't make mistakes while doing so.

Last edited by MikeStrybel; Mon Apr 09, 2012 at 08:08am.