Thread: Whutz da cawl?
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 08, 2012, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffish View Post
Mark,

Great question. My first reaction was shot ended with second try by A2, so A1 is no longer a shooter, however, A1 has not returned to floor. But the ball is dead after the made shot and there cannot be a common foul during a dead ball, only flag or intentional or ignore if contact is of such nature. So my answer is ignore contact in this play and play on.
Just because the try ended doesn't mean A1 isn't an airborne shooter...as he's still an airborne shooter until he returns to the floor. And the ball being dead has no relevance on calling a foul on/by an airborne shooter

Rule 4
SECTION 19 FOUL
A foul is an infraction of the rules which is charged and is penalized.
ART. 1 . . . A personal foul is a player foul which involves illegal contact with an opponent while the ball is live, which hinders an opponent from performing normal defensive and offensive movements. A personal foul also includes contact by or on an airborne shooter when the ball is dead.

NOTE: Contact after the ball has become dead is ignored unless it is ruled intentional or flagrant or is committed by or on an airborne shooter.

Of course, I have a hard time even imagining this kind of play.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.