View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 05, 2012, 06:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
If that is true, I don't think he had full possession at anytime during that game.

Saying he didn't have "full possession" is just a convenient cop out to avoid making the call. The instant he has 2 hands on the ball (and the ball doesn't subsequently shift from that position) he had possession (was holding the ball). That point occurred practically the instant he touched the ball.
The camera angle is away (or blocks the view) from his hands or the ball, so to say with clarity he has possession is kind of silly when you cannot really see the ball. Also I want clear possession, not what I think is possession or assume there is possession. I guess as a football official I do not consider possession until they bring the ball into their body and that was not clear on this tape even at slow motion. And having seen enough basketball over the years players do not always cleanly catch the ball. I have a HS tape of a game at our state finals (I may post it now) where a player brings the ball in and it is debatable if possession takes place with the foot on the floor. And every time I have showed this tape there is a lot of debate.

Peace