Thread: Thanks ...
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2012, 04:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
I don't want to hijack the thread, but this is something I would like everyone's opinion on.

Do you think videos like this, or of pro plays, are appropriate for high school meetings? I think basketball plays have worth no matter what level, but let's just say I have to be very careful about the plays I use during our high school meetings. Some people feel like it is "big timing" to use clips from a higher level.
The same plays that we see at the college level, take place at the HS level. I use the videos to illustrate rules or judgments, not to promote college games. Often the college games and even NBA games have actual multiple angles and multiple replays. Most HS games are not on TV and when you do get a game on TV the angles are limited. I have used some personal videos, but the examples are not as clear. Also when you use college plays, usually no one is in the room that you are selling out. Some people have gotten upset when they are on the video and the way they screwed up is highlighted. College games often no one is on the game and we only know them by face, not personally. What better way to show multiple block/charge plays by TV games than a bad angle 100 feet away on a personal or team game tape? If people feel like you are big timing them, they really need to get over it. Most people learn by visual ways rather than debating what the words says. That is why what APG has added to this site has enhanced the discussions 10 fold to 10 years ago when all we could discuss was what we remember or what we thought we saw.

Peace