Thread: National C'Ship
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2012, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
No...RSBQ applies to ALL players on the court (defenders as well as offensive players).
If you say so... I honestly think you're mistaking FOM for RSBQ.
I guess it all boils down to who's teaching it & how long one has been applying this concept. The people who have been practicing this for more than 5 seasons always seem to have a better understanding than those who have been introduced to this in the last few months.

Quote:
The same argument that says: "a foul at the end of the game should be called the same as a foul at the beginning of the game"...is in essence saying: "a foul in the national championship game should be called the same as a foul in the regular season".

imho, the ball screen and post defense plays were called differently than earlier in the year.
Did those three work together earlier in the year?
Have you watched every game that those three worked this year?
Perhaps the contact by two great defensive teams that have bigs across the board was considered marginal/incidental since nobody was put at a disadvantage?
Afterall, the same contact on a 5'9" player that results in a foul may not be a foul for a 6'9" player.

Quote:
Let's see how John Adams "grades out" the crew.

From what I've been told, these were the percentage of correct calls (as determined by John Adams) in previous NCAA Championship games:

2010 Duke v Butler: 78%
2009 North Carolina v Mich. St.: 70%

btw, the best officials in the NBA (who advance to the playoffs) are in the 94% or better range.
The numbers you listed are Mr. Adams grading out the entire game. Perhaps two officials were in the mid 90s & one officials was considerably lower which in turn drops the crews overall call accuracy ratings.

I respect your opinion though.