Thread: National C'Ship
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2012, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
All in all, what did we think of the officiating (individual & crew) in the biggest game of the year?

I'm a bit biased so I'll chime in later

Memo to APG: 1 play I'd LOVE to see again is the play in the 2nd half (sorry no time, but I'm sure you remember) where the Kansas player is OOB on the endline while tapping it back in play. The whistle-work, the communication & the style was so beautiful!! If I could incorporate some of that in my game, maybe I could be
Quote:
You didnt like it either! I thought it was more like 8-10 times. If you get a chance throw it up for me sir. Perhaps it will change my mind...

FTR, I thought it was clear to the 2 players at the end of the bench, not so much to the coaching staff located at the top of the bench.
Quote:
I thought there were 2 or 3 questionable above the rim calls made by the L. Other than that it was pretty consistent & no GIs.

Not that I'm into the Fray or nothing like that, but I thought it was original & a pretty cool remix. It was definitely better than some of the students that get out there & embarass themselves at my games.
I just have to ask how old you are because your posts indicate an excitement for flashy over-the-top mechanics and contain the use of camp catch-phrases. I'm guessing that you are between 24 and 27 with about five years of HS basketball officiating experience. Perhaps I am wrong, but you come across that way on the forum to me.

PS are you a bit biased because you are from Denver where Verne Harris lives and perhaps you have interacted with him previously?