View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2012, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTafurst View Post
I would also be reluctant to eject the coach in this situiation for the same reasons.
At best I might warn that this could be considered an unsportsmanlike act.
So far I have never actually had to enforce the "coach running and drawing a throw" rule.
My inclination would be to penalize per the rule and to only eject if this wahoo does it again.

This is also one of those rules I've never had to enforce. Though I almost had it come up one time.

Some over-hyped rec ball coach coaching third waved his runner home and as she tried to score he ran right along beside her all the way to the plate, screaming encouragement and yelling for her to slide when she reached the plate.

The guy was so close, and he came up behind me on my blindside, that when I signalled the runner safe I actually bumped him with my mask in my left hand!

I just turned around and looked at the guy and said, "What are you doing back here?".

He mumbled something about "coaching my runner". I told him stay to in his box and stay away from the plate, or he just might get called for interference.

Just thinking about some other "never been called" rules...

Have you ever called an out because members of the offensive team gathered around a base and confused the defense or made a play more difficult? I'm picturing members of the offense creating some sort of flying wedge formation around third base!

Can't say that I've ever had to call a runner out for getting a running start from behind a base on a caught fly ball, either.