View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2012, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
I had to make that call a couple of times in HS games & boy did I catch grief... until I emailed the rule/caseplay the next morning, that is.

Initially I was ok with the shift, but since I work youth fball where theres no clock (plays per quarter) we can go with the live ball penalty
All five players didn't get set for at least a second before the snap...heck it'd actually be a false start...at least in Texas where we play football under REAL rules (what forum is this again? )

Amesman:

Who knows...wouldn't be the first time the U1 didn't chop time in for a jump ball. As to the backcourt count, the official who tossed the ball DID have a count, albeit technically slow. Even if they were using the game clock as a reference, it was technically a violation unless the official judged the throw to be a try, and that the player released the ball before 10 seconds (as it was really close).
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.