View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 01, 2012, 03:18pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach-rec View Post
To be honest I cannot answer this. When I saw the shot I thought ohhh that's a 3 and they just took the lead and looked to the clock and scoreboard. I noticed only two went on the board so figured his foot had been on the line as the step back was from two range and he was close to the line.

Have a few follow-up questions...

Is there a link to Case Book 2-10.1, Situation L? I cannot find it in a quick search.

Is the correctable error timeframe to the next stoppage of play in every situation?

Thanks for the responses. I figured it was the right call. Only thing I can honestly say I would have preferred to see was ref A discuss it with ref B before making a call. Unless it was his call, he knew that and could overrule it but I didn't really care to look into it that far to understand.
There is no overruling, period. And if ref A was the primary official on that play, and he clearly saw the three, there's no need to discuss it with the other official. I promise you it got discussed after the game. Honestly, though, I'm not making a game-changing call like this without at least discussing it with my partner.

As for the time frame. A CE for a mis-scored 3 pt basket can be fixed until the ball becomes live following the second dead ball. The made basket that was scored wrongly is the first dead ball. In this case, the second dead ball was the end of the game, so the CE time limit never expired.