View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 01, 2012, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Correctable Error question

Hello everyone! It's been a while but I came across a situation that made me think of you guys as I felt someone here would know the right answer.

Was watching an AAU game recently where team A is up two points and Team B has the ball. With about 30 seconds to go team B player steps back and hits a shot. Ref A signals 3 and ref B signals 2. The clock only saw ref B so put two points on the board. The coach for team A played the scoreboard and played for the last shot. They missed and team B shot a prayer as time expired with 55-55 on the board.

Team B's coach goes up to Ref A and points out that he signaled a 3. Ref A agrees without consulting Ref B and they put a point on the board to give team B the win.

There was no stoppage of play until the final buzzer as I've been able to find items referring to a timeframe for correctable errors but only as it relates to a stoppage of play.

I had no horse in the game and was watching as the winner played the team I was rooting for the next day in the championship.

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by coach-rec; Sun Apr 01, 2012 at 11:18am.