View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 29, 2012, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper View Post
If you're meaning me, then I will say that there was a free exchange of ideas and opinions taking place. At least until the "Let me help you" post. I simply responded in kind. If that's trolling in you opinion, you are certainly entitled to it.
If you took offense to my "let me help you" post, I'm sorry - offending you was not the intent. Helping you understand that you were not talking to a neophyte was my intent.

And I surely don't think that comments regarding the level of ball I work are an appropriate response. THAT is what he was calling trolling. You don't know me - you have no clue what I work or where. I suspect I've worked far higher than you would guess, but that is really not the point of my posts. Yes, I do work the very very little ones on occasion as well - my assignors (well, most of them) do a great job mixing it up, letting us work different levels of games as well as with different levels of partners (I was in one league for quite a while where my assignor loved to put me with the guy who needed some work ... I'm certainly willing to do that - but I never ever got to work games for that assignor where I got to learn from umpires significantly better than me (and there were several in that group) - my current assignor realizes that is not best for the group and gives a good mix. If that means I have to work a 10U game every once in a while, or work at some place who's game is closer to Calvinball than softball ... so that someone else can learn from someone or work on something, so be it - happy to do it. For you to denigrate working those games says more about you than it says about me, frankly.

West Houston Mike

Last edited by MD Longhorn; Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 04:13pm.