View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 22, 2012, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Wrong Numbers on Uniforms

So here is the situation. Regular season high school tournament. Team A is the host team and plays the 1st game of the tournament. They also play the 3rd game (which I am umpiring). Team B wins the toss and elects to be home. Manager from Team A comes to the plate meeting and turns in his lineup card and exchanges with Team B and we start the game.

After the third hitter for Team A hits, Team B's manager calls time and comes over and tells me that Team A batted out of order. I pull out Team A's lineup card and none of the numbers match up for the first three hitters. Team A's manager then states that he forgot that his team switched uniforms from the first game that they played and that he accidentally wrote down the other uniform numbers.

Team A's manager makes a new lineup card with the appropriate numbers matching the appropriate names and gives a new copy to myself and Team B's manager. Team B's manager says that everything is alright and to play on so the game continues.

My question is, if Team B's manager would not have said play on, what would the appropriate ruling if any had been? Essentially every player on the lineup card had the wrong number listed for him.