View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 22, 2012, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlores View Post
So my partner told me this story yesterday that happen in a game earlier this year with a "legend" in these parts.

At the plate meeting, said "legend" refuses to list all his substitutes and in fact does not provide at the plate meeting a lineup to the plate umpire. He gets it to him in the third inning, in fact apparently before the game starts he gets face to face with plate umpire.

I know the rule books state to not accept the lineup without all substitutions listed, however, there is no penalty accessed if their not all listed.
Sure there is. Don't accept the lineup. (PS - we don't start without a lineup ... htf did he get to the 3rd inning without one?)

Quote:
How would you guys have ruled in the scenario described, I for one would have dumped him before game started.
Well ... we weren't there and are hearing the story 2nd hand as it is... but I think most umpires I've worked with (self included) would have considered an ejection rather strongly - especially during the "face-to-face" before the game started.

West Houston Mike