View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
my response to each of your comments are included above (if I was a real fanboy, I would know how to format this differently....)
Nah, fanboys and regular posters both have issues with formatting.

Maybe the issue is a combination of things, including perhaps your communication skills. Remember, what makes a great official over a good one is not just calling plays; most officials can do that. It's also being able to handle proper communication - both during a game and outside the game.

First, your description of the continuation play still does not determine Mike was wrong. It could be how you're describing the play. Or it could be your lack of rule knowledge. But, as you describe it, if the IL player had one foot on the floor at the time of the gather, the player traveled after the foul which would wipe of the shot attempt. So, it's either a communication issue or lack of rules knowledge on your part, whether or not we actually see the play.

On the Sullinger play, all you said was this was a play that was Mike obviously missed. But you didn't say where the play originated; you didn't mention whether Mike was the L, T or C; you didn't mention why the other officials definitely wouldn't have put a whistle on it if it was sooooo obvious and why it was Mike's fault alone. Communicating the specific play better might make it easier for us to discuss as officials, rather than simply crapping on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Or, some lower level officials like to simply crap on the higher level officials, because it makes them feel more important.
Your mention of your schedule, rather than adressing this comment, seems to almost prove my point. Again, is it how you're communicating?

Finally,
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth
What I find funny is how much people infer/how quick people are to make a judgement
Doesn't your own comment speak for itself, especially regarding Mike?

(Used with permission.)