Thread: State Week
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 12:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Were you expecting to get there together? I am assuming you are working that level and they are not right? And I can discern that you are working the Championship week or weekend?

Well first of all congrats. Secondly unless there is a typical expectation that you would work with friends, why would you be upset or not as happy about that? They should be happy or ecstatic for you most of all. Officiating is a fraternity and we all are not going to get to the same places as others at the same time.

Without getting too deep into our system, we have a pecking order and get advanced in our system individually. We never can guarantee getting there at the same time as other officials. I am very happy for those that have advanced further than me. And if and when I get there in basketball, I would just want the support of those friends that I worked with that were there. I also do not look at those accomplishments as strictly individual. I tend to look at these things as a group thing based on how many people have helped them or gave them a shot. I guess I hope that your friends are not "happy" for you, that is sad. If you are feeling this way on your own, not sure why you would be worried about who you are with. Enjoy the experience and support your friends if they get there in the coming years.

Peace