View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlue View Post
Do you want your partner coming to you when he thinks you kicked a call?

It was your partner's call. Right or wrong, bad judgment or not, it isn't your call. You don't know what your partner saw or what you DIDN'T see. Don't say anything until your partner asks for your input. Sometimes we have to live with our calls.

However, if your partner asks for help, have an opinion, and don't be afraid to share it.

Call in your area, observe all areas.
There's a big difference from a missed call and a mistaken ruling. I assumed during the game that he had reason to believe this was an appeal, so I said nothing - didn't even think about it really. You say that I didn't know what my partner saw or what I didn't see... and that's EXACTLY right, which is why I said nothing. Heck, for all I know from 80 feet away, the runner never touched home and he was simply calling the out for that.

It wasn't until post game that it came up that he didn't call the out because he thought it was an appeal, but rather because they had tagged a runner who "had to return", but when I asked if he thought the defense knew, at that moment, that she had to return, he said no.

That makes this a rules mistake - something we SHOULD correct - and not just a judgement error. But of course, I didn't know it was a rules mistake at the time.

Which is why I thought this worth discussing!

West Houston Mike