Thread: Shin Guards
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 07:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derwil View Post
I have the Diamond IX3 shin guards. I didn't like the way they came up so high over my knees so I cut out the knee guards 3 years ago - just have the real shin guards down. I started doing college ball this year and have been thinking about getting a different pair that would offer more protection. In addition, I took one of the knee this weekend that has really made me evaluate my life choices.

Been looking at the Davis Shins:

Gerry Davis Sports: DaviShins Shin Guards

Anybody had these?? Any other suggestions?
I own both pairs. The problem with both is that neither have a third strap higher near the knee. They use this as a selling point ("no rubbing behind the knee), but I don't want my equipment to move. That can cause the knee to ride high or feel loose. I actually rigged my Davis guards with a third strap. I've since moved to the Diamond guards though.

I don't know what size you bought, but they do come in two sizes. Maybe the shorter size is better for you. The two inch difference makes a huge difference. Another way to get the guards to sit lower is to remove the toe plate (if you haven't yet). That allows the guard to sit about 1/2 lower. The plate really isn't necessary if you wear plate shoes. They actually tend to look goofy and get in the way if you are wearing plate shoes.

Just some ideas.