View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 04:11pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
L lay off above the rim play & T be patient on your whistle. i held up my end, he didnt...

When calling out of my primary I follow the 3 Bs. Be late being #1, gotta give the covering official an opportunity to make the call. Thats a sign of not trusting your partner in my opinion.
I see you ignoring my specific questions and just repeating the mantras.

A1 leaves the floor with ball, A1 returns to floor with ball. How long is Lead supposed to wait to see if his partner has a whistle before he whistles A1 for travelling?

Play #3. B1 causes held ball and it is obvious that responsible official cannot not see the held ball. If you're right with your call who is going to complain that you weren't late enough? You're explanation to the supervisor/observor that you saw your partner was straight-lined should suffice as a reason to come in with a whistle. You're looking over there for a reason, right, to help your partner since nothing is going on in your primary.

Patient late whistles don't apply to every single call. It's great when a player goes to the hole, gets smack on the elbow, the primary official doesn't get it. But what does a late whistle serve on a clear held ball?