View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Well, in #1 if you are the T and have the ball going to the hole you should have been on top of the play and called a held ball before the L's whistle.)
Everbody doesnt have a patient whistle...

Quote:
For #2 you still haven't explained where you were and where the calling official was. But it's possible it was just poor judgment by the calling official or it's possible there was a travel and you misread the play.)
He was L & I was T... didnt offer any help because they were losing anyway & no pushback from the coach. And no, the film says I got it right

Quote:
For #3, don't remember seeing a clear description until after I asked, my bad if you were clear before my post. Don't remember anybody saying to be 94' away. I know I always help on the press. As described you should have been stronger in officiating your secondary since you recognized the C was out of position and you should have came in strong with a held ball call before the C had a whistle on the play.

In fact I still don't see a clear description of #3 since you originally say you were L and T missed the call then later say you were across the court and had a clear view.
I think popping 1st in someone elses primary is a lack of trust. I trust you to get it right, until you dont, then help is offered.

3 Bs is the principle for calling outside of my primary:
- Be late (give them an opportunity)
- Be needed (no borderline violations)
- Be right (Im always trying to beat the film)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Please tell us why this matters?)
Grandma always said EVERYbody aint crazy. You've been around long enough to tell difference between
a. the boo of disgruntled fans because you called it on their team
b. everyone reacts negatively in unison on a kicked play.

well, at least I hope you can tell the difference!

Quote:
Agreed. The more you talk the more I wonder why this guy was on the court.)
You gotta really suck to not get a post season game in week 1 around here.

Quote:
Sir, your motivation is skewed. (And no supervisor I know would blast an official for not fishing in his partner's pond).
I know a few, but I better not mention any names

Live & die, ECA, ponds, are of the past.
Get the damn play right is where todays officiating is headed.