View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 22, 2012, 11:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLundagard View Post
=My thoughts are why involve Game Management; this is a situation that is definitely covered in the rule book. The rule book clearly spells out what happens if coach fails to comply with the penalty for a technical foul, forfeit. Why would we dump this in Game Management’s lap? Tell the coach that if he doesn’t leave the gym his team will forfeit the game. Have the clock operator start the timer and let the coach know he has 60 seconds to leave. Ball is in his court.

Am I over simplifying things?
You do not want to end a playoff game that way if you can avoid it. There is nothing in the rulebook that says how long we wait and 5 minutes is not a long time if you think about it. I have no problem doing everything you can to remove the coach and that would go in my report so that it is possible that the governing body would take action. But you do not want to just forfeit the game because the coach is a fool and hurt the kids if you can avoid it. You might have more problems if you forfeit the game instead of just waiting.

Peace