Thread: Bang-bang
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 10, 2012, 04:25pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Has anyone had this situation? And did you tack on the other foul?
Yes I have and yes I called a T.

A few years ago when I was first starting work BV on somewhat regular basis. 2-man crew and Team B has been applying backcourt pressure on almost every possession. I'm T on the shot and new Lead on the rebound. A1 (big man) gets defensive rebound in middle of the paint and has elbows up, B1 and B2 (guards) apply immediate harassment so I stay put and referee. A1 pivots one way and gets fouled by B1. Apparently he doesn't hear the whistle and pivots back with elbow leading and connects to B2's head. He didn't swing the elbow excessively, it was part of his pivot, but it was definitely intended to keep little hands from slapping at him. If it would have been a live ball I definitely would have had a PC. B2 had heard the whistle and had relaxed and wasn't paying attention to A1's movement.

Some here may say I should have had a flagrant T. Some might say I should have had nothing. I went with intentional contact technical. Commissioner was in attendance and came in at halftime and asked about the play. He responded that he was happy with how I handled it and it was what was needed to clean up what had started to become a chippy game.