View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 08, 2012, 05:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
I'd suggest to not make it difficult. You could of said something like, "The IHSA mandates that the coach ________." Or you could have replied, "The conferences in my area say that the coach ___________." Or, if you have no idea, then say "I have no idea."

Either way, I have no idea how ticket taking and crowd security got brought into this......
Actually no I should not have said that and it would have been stupid to say that. For one the IHSA does not have policies that we enforce who shows up to a school after an ejection. Not something they ask officials to even report unless you are working a double header and that coach stuck around for the second game. Even then I would not prevent the coach from staying. Also there are no such conference rules either that I have ever been aware of. And since all HS games are under IHSA Jurisdiction, those rules trump all rules from an officiating standpoint.

Also you have not been reading this site very long I see as there are states that ask their officials to do all kinds of things. There is a state that wants the officials to stick around after the game to make sure that sportsmanship is displayed in something like the handshake line. There is no way for anyone here to know what your state wants to do and if I said what my policy was, it may not apply to you at all. Again, your question was not to find out lists of stuff, your question had a real world application and would vary by where you live.

Peace