View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 31, 2003, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

OK, OK, OK

1) I saw the call also and was amazed there was not a travel called, in a timely manner.

2) I know that William's issue was wondering if it was OK, for an official to come from along ways away (after a considerable delay) and change a call in front of another official. While you guys know everything about all the rules not all coaches have the depth of knowledge you guys show.

3) If is the "dumbest" thing in the world to make statements such as, "Second, there are in fact three officials on the floor, but only one referee!" Only officials know there is a difference and to make this a point is childish at best . . . I thought we could move above this.

4) The 'real' question remains, "why did the off official have to come over and cause this or why did not the nearest official make the call?"

5) All in all the call that was finally made was correct, isn't that a good thing? And guys, coaches get fired for losing games they have a great investment in how games are called (or in this single play, not called) and they MUST be given the leeway that is seen.

I think the call was finally correct and done as well as possible. It was almost a "Third World Play" that any D1 coach would have legitimately questioned it.