View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 07, 2012, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I thought that may have been the case, but after the turnover, the new Trail (Original Lead on the throw-in) comes into the picture just for a second, and it looks like he came from the far side of the court where the ball was throw in originally. Why would they have the C administer the throw-in in the first place?
Nah, it really doesn't explain what the table side official is doing. By all appearances he lost concentration. It may have been the case that he wanted to move away from the coach because he'd just spoken with him but I have to think his assignor wouldn't consider that a valid excuse.

As for the throw-in being administered too soon, I don't buy it. At 0:08 on the clip the C - or the guy who should be C - gives a thumbs up to the T indicating he's ready to go. It's another six seconds before the whistle is blown and the ball is placed at the disposal of the throw-in team. Six seconds may not seem like a lot of time but it's more than enough for the C to realize he should be in a different spot. Six seconds is also enough time for the T to either stare down the C with a "where the heck are you going?" look or just blatently wave at him to move forward so he's in the right spot. The C might've been embarrassed at the moment but he would've thanked the T after it was over.

Regarding the foul, I definintely agree with the idea that somebody has to see/call that. The coach for Blue may complain if the call comes from the T and it comes late but he'd have a tough time arguing there was no foul. As far as handing out the T is concerned, given what the coach did ANYONE could've taken him. It didn't have to be the guy who was already in the soup. It's not as though all three of them didn't notice he was screaming at their partner by the division line.

Last edited by JetMetFan; Tue Feb 07, 2012 at 01:42pm. Reason: misspelled word