View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 02, 2012, 08:51am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
We actually had this happen last week in a BV game after a timeout. The administering official handed the Home team the ball (The other two of us can take some blame as well. I was counting players as C though, and when I looked up he was handing it to the Home thrower). As soon as he handed it to them, he "fixed" it and took it back and gave it to the Visitors. No one said anything, so we went on.

On the way home, I mentioned that the Home coach could have been upset because there wasn't much we could do once they were handed the ball. The partner who administered the throw-in says "He can't be upset, it's a correctable error". It's the same partner who during pregame argued that slapping the backboard while trying to block a shot can be a technical foul if it shakes the rim.

ZM1283:

Your partner was incorrect in saying that it was a Correctable Error. But you were in correct in saying that it couldn't be corrected once the ball was At the Dissposal of the Thrower. It could be corrected anytime before the Throw-in ended.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio