View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 31, 2012, 08:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Keep Us Updated ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
BillyMac and Zoochy: Both of you have stated in this thread and another one that the NFHS has made a statement concerning iPad and like devices on the bench. I have tried to find it but haven't found it so far.
The only thing I've heard is from our local IAABO board interpreter, who told us back in December that iPads, and other tablet computers, are not allowed on the bench. Period. All I know is that this is a local IAABO ruling. I don't know if it came from the state board, or from IAABO international?

Any reference that I gave in this thread about the NFHS ruling, I got from this thread, and was just copying it.

Sorry.

Also, I was with my local interpreter when he was approached by an athletic director that had a tablet computer with a real cool program. It is an "electronic scorebook", names, points, fouls, team fouls, timeouts, the whole nine yards. And it's somehow connected, by WiFi "magic" to the scoreboard on the wall. "Mark" a basket for Johnny Smith in the "electronic scorebook" and the two points show up on the scoreboard on the wall. And at the end of the game, the athletic director can instantly email the results of the game, with a full box score, to the local newspaper. He also showed us the "electronic whiteboard" by which a coach can diagram plays on the tablet.

Amazing.

The NFHS has got to respond to the fact that this is the 21st century, the Digital Age.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)