View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2012, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for all the comments. I have always been told, even when you feel you did a good job, always look to improve to get even better.

I did report to assigner and to the state as the HSL is also in charge of MS games. It did include the post-game incident. State requires report by noon next business day for any ejection.

@mbyron On the trip down the floor, I did not say anything to him as I was coming down into the L and was focused on the play coming up court with 2-3 players in the front court and a possible pass. I will keep that in mind to let the coach know that I hear him/her and that it is enough. My reasoning for the T on his comment was for implying that the home gym should get the good calls.

Also, especially having 1 T on him, how long of a leash would you give a coach on comments coming from the seated position?

I agree that some coaches may want to truly apologize for their actions, but one mantra that I have learned during my time is "Nothing good can happen after the final horn." I have learned to after the final horn, make sure your partners have nothing, don't worry about the ball, coaches or other things and get off the court. Check the books in a TO in the last 2 minutes to make sure they are good and give a quick look to the table to get confirmation after the horn.

Again, thanks for the comments and suggestions.