View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2012, 01:34pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
I agree to a point...but let's not forget who is ultimately paying us. The school/coach needs to have some degree of control over the product they are paying for. Scratching an official or two is hardly a blackball, unless the assigner removes the official from multiple schools as a result of the initial conflict.

It's been my experience that most coaches are afraid to scratch an official from their school for fear of retaliation by other officials. I've heard this first hand in the form of: "I know you guys all talk...I don't want to draw the wrath of your fellow zebras".
If you've got one official who repeatedly has issues with a coach, and that coach never has issues with other officials; address it and perhaps do so by not having that official work with that school. But one event does not warrant a blackball (which we now know is not the case here).

Reassigning for one season does seem reasonable, however. It allows enough time to lapse for all parties to get past the emotions of the game.