View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 18, 2012, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
THis was the approach I ended up taking....I called him for EVERYTHING.
I'd be careful with this line of thinking...especially in today's age where everything is a camera phone away from being put on the internet. I would not go about trying to call a player for everything when I didn't take care of business...for whatever reason. Now if the player comes close to unsporting conduct, then go ahead and whack him as he's already had his one "freebie."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
I would have walked him to his coach and said, "this player just earned a technical, you want to handle him?" Coach says, "yes, I will handle him"..."thanks coach" tweet, technical foul.

If the coach says "No, he's alright", "Thanks coach" tweet, flagrant.

Officials and high school players are not equal. We are adults, I don't feel we need to take crap from kids. If he wants to act like an idiot, his coach can talk to him, either way he's sitting on that bench.
I got to say I don't like this line of thinking. If you think the player earned a garden variety technical foul, you should just go ahead and assess it. If you think it's flagrant, then assess that and tell the coach the player is done for the game. I'm not going to base my decision based on how the coach decides to handle his player. That to me is changing how one calls a game based on not approving of a coach's tactics/judgement. That to me is no different than deciding to call more fouls on a pressing team up by 40 because one does not approve of a coach not calling off the dogs.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.