View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 15, 2012, 01:22am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for reposting this question. I had a very similar situation take place during a G JV game a few weeks ago.

This time the offensive player used her forearm to shove the defender out of her way at the last second(after they were side to side for a good 15 yards). Although the defensive player was moving, I called player control on the offensive player. The coach went crazy.

In that same situation, had the offensive player waited a split second longer and gotten bumped it would have been a block, but since she decided she needed to toss the defender out the way I felt like I had not choice.

It was kind of like a soccer play when the two players are running right next to each other but no advantage/disadvantage is gained. If the offensive player gets bumped and goes down, the block call is much easier.

As always, it seems like being there is going to impact how we make the call. On a forum like this we can all envision different things in our minds eye.