View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Rule 3 Section 1A [4]: Exception: Senior Softball bats may be used in Senior Championship Play.
Comment: Add an exception to Rule 3 Section 1 that Senior Softball bats may be used in Senior Championship Play only

Okay, now that ASA has temporarily appeased the senior game by allowing "senior softball bats" in championship play, can someone tell me what a "senior softball bat" is and how an umpire can identify one on the field?
This recently came up at a clinic this last weekend, and one of the members of the Safety and Equipment Committee was present. He said he expects some further clarification as well, but for the time being, it appears that the "senior bats" are those marked as having a 1.20 BPF. That's just what he told us.

I don't know how that will play out, as different senior softball associations have different requirements. Some require a 1.20 BPF, some allow a 1.21 BPF.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.