View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 12, 2012, 01:01am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Picked a good week not to be assigned any major games. Bad weather will be sweeping in from over where Rut lives to dump a ton of lake effect snow on us beginning tomorrow afternoon. If the forecast holds, Thursday's games will be in doubt. Friday's games will almost certainly be postponed due to school cancellations. Saturday's games will be iffy. Lake effect forecasts normally end up a little worse than forecast, and hardly ever err on the lesser side.

At least I don't live in Cordova, Alaska. Eighteen feet of snow can play havoc on a school schedule. Don't think we're gonna get that much here.

Any of you been plagued with weather-related cancellations this year?
Not so sure about that. Based on the forecast and if we only get about 4 inches, that is usually not a big deal here. And if the snow comes tonight and Thursday, Friday games should be OK in most situations. And if it does not snow Friday I doubt Saturday games will be affected either around here. This state does a very good job with the snow removal and preparation. I am often amazed how clear roads are, especially the interstate roads. I guess time will tell and I could be wrong, but I have thought the same thing with a weather event only for the games to be played. Then again I do not usually work games on Thursday so I see me working all my games this weekend.

Peace