Thread: No T for me
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
In this situation there would be no need to ask the official scorer anything. 4 seconds prior there was a held ball (ball lodged between rim/backboard). An official who can't remember who received that AP throw-in should not be working JV games, IMO. This was obviously a case of not knowing the rules in regards to the ball being lodged between backboard/rim, not a case of not knowing who had the arrow.

Also, we do not HAVE to go with an arrow that is pointed in the wrong direction.
If, you know the arrow is wrong, no you don't have to go with it. I disagree on remembering the AP arrow though, there can be a lot going on in between the last throw and the point a question is brought up even if only 4 seconds came off the clock. Ideally they'd remember, but I won't fault them for not remembering.

In, the OP though we have a different situation where the rule was misapplied and the arrow is in fact pointing in the correct direction given the error in rules application as an AP throw-in was not conducted for the stuck ball even though it should have been.