Thread: No T for me
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 09:10am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
As long as you're being civil, I don't see you getting Ted here, but at this point I don't know that there's any change you could have effected. If I've been over to the table already, I've asked the official scorer who should have the arrow and if he changed it after the free throw. He's given me his best answer and unless I have definitive knowledge of who I gave the last AP throw-in to (and even with only 4 seconds elapsing you can feel pretty unsure about the arrow) you have to go with the arrow.

The take-away is to remember to confirm the arrow changing after the AP throw-in.
In this situation there would be no need to ask the official scorer anything. 4 seconds prior there was a held ball (ball lodged between rim/backboard). An official who can't remember who received that AP throw-in should not be working JV games, IMO. This was obviously a case of not knowing the rules in regards to the ball being lodged between backboard/rim, not a case of not knowing who had the arrow.

Also, we do not HAVE to go with an arrow that is pointed in the wrong direction.

Coach P, how the hell did the ball get lodged on a free throw?