View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I have. Last season. None were flagrant, but after the first hard foul and watching him off ball, I had my radar up. In a minute of game play I personally hit him with 3 fouls (the final one intentional) and he was on the bench. He didn't come back into the game.

I have no problem putting focus on a troublemaker on the court and making sure I get every foul he may commit.
I guess that's my point. You took care of business and then the coach sat him the rest of the game.

I have seen kids come into games and commit hard fouls. Like 34, usually an oversixed football player who doesnt know how to play basketball. But after the first foul, we as officials have our radar up and will call it every time he breathes on somebody.

Coaches usually get the picture and take the kid out of the game because the fouls are hurting his chances of winning and hopefully because it's the right thing to do. I have never seen the officials AND the coach allow a player to be on the court this long to commit a series of fouls like this.