View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 02, 2012, 08:28am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
During a close game, I often go to the timer with about 120 to 60 seconds left, who is usually a high school kid*, and tell them s/he's doing a great job so far. I then remind him/her that the most important thing you do from here on in is to start the clock when my (or his) arm "chops in time".

There are surprisingly many opportunities to do this: timeouts, "checking" to see if we're in the bonus, regular throw-ins near the table, etc.

I always make sure to thank the table for their help in making sure that the game went off without any problems.
Agree, I do likewise, especially during Rec Games when mom and pop are at the table. Good, positive feedback to let them know we thank them for volunteering their time and appreciate their efforts can go a long way.

Most of my V games this yr have been manned by Officials from our Association who do a great job. Been lucky there!