View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 30, 2011, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
If it's obvious to Ray Charles that the player didn't hit the ball, a quick convo might be in order. If I even have an inkling that he thought the ball was hit, I'm not delaying the game. I'll ask later, but not now.

The point is, I have no idea what he's thinking when he calls it, and unless I've had other reasons to doubt his rules knowledge, I'm going to assume he saw something I didn't.

He could make a call because the kid has red hair, and I wouldn't know. He's not telling me his justification (most likely).
So let's pose a scenario.

The team who the goaltending and subsequent Technical foul is assessed against loses a close ballgame and the game is huge for playoff implications.

In the locker room after the game, you ask your partner about the call and he says "The defender hit the backboard causing the ball to pop out of the ring. The coach was wrong, that was a goaltending violation."

Now your supervisor is on the phone wanting to know what you did as crew chief to ensure the play was handled correctly. What do you say?