Thread: Pinstripes
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 29, 2011, 10:54am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler3492 View Post
Do you get the sense that guys just don't know what they're supposed to do? With how many emails we've gotten, it's hard to keep things straight. I know the latest email said that nobody needed waivers anymore, and that we should enforce the rules with the new changes, but man I'd be confused and I wouldn't want to do the wrong thing, so I don't blame your guy for calling around.

EDIT: By not knowing what they're supposed to do, I don't mean that they don't know the rules.
I will say it this way. If they read the case situation carefully, it was clear what rules were modified. That being said this was a very unique situation as well. It really was up to the state to take a position that either said, "Does it really matter" or "The rules must be enforced."

And if you want to be seen as blatantly ignoring a rule, then do not enforce it. I hate this as much as anyone, but I have too much to lose to care what the schools think. The schools ultimately should have known when they got those jerseys what was legal or not and should be put ultimately responsibility. If they choose to do that, they would not be in that situation. And I am not sacrificing my accomplishments for a school who cannot read the rulebook or review the rules. And I really have no sympathy in this state where for the last 3 years or so this has been a big deal. It is like knowing you are driving in a place that will ticket you for 2 miles over the speed limit and going around and going 10 miles over and then complaining you had to pay the fine.

Peace