View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 20, 2003, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by co2ice
This happened in our association on the last game of the season, boys freshman, 3 minutes left in the game and the visiting team is up by 16 points, when one of its players gets a breakaway and is intentionally fouled, hard I might add. Lines are cleared for the free throws when all of sudden the free thrower looks at the crowd and taunts them by pointing at the score board and pumping his fist. This of course brought out a very loud chorus of boo's from the fans. The shooter than proceeded to miss the free throw much to the delight of the fans. On the next atempt he repeated his antics and also took the ball in a globe trotter move and rolled it down one arm behind his head and into the other arm. At this point his coach stands up screaming he wants a time out. And the official grants it to him before the shot is away. The coach then will not allow this player to shoot the second shot, he says under no circumstances is he allowing that player back into the game. He even said if you want to T me go ahead, if you give the ball to my opponents thats okay too, but he is not comming back in!!
After a quick confrence the officials gave his team the ball since it was an intential foul, but they gave it to them at half court not at the spot nearest the foul.
I know there were mistakes here and they are obvious, but what about the "unshot" free throw?

[Edited by co2ice on Mar 20th, 2003 at 10:59 AM]
Freshman game? I would tell the coach to bring one of the benchwarmers in for the second shot & to keep the little Meadowlark Lemon on the bench. And then go as normal from there.