View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 20, 2011, 11:41am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
We don't have a dedicated officials room per se.A lot of our people come dressed and ready to work but if anyone doesn't they get dressed in the AD's office.Our people like us because we provide a good table crew,pay in cash,and provide four officials chairs (two for the team on court and two for the varsity officials waiting to go on) behind our scorers table.
I don't know if I'm in the minority here or not, but I would trade all of those for an adequate dressing room. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a decent table crew, that's the standard here (maybe I'm spoiled), and walking out with cash is nice. But if I was offered a choice, I'd take the facility.

For the most part around here, we get a mid-sized coach's office; sometimes we have the coaches' office suite to ourselves. Adequate showers are hit or miss, so I've just gotten used to showering at home except for the few schools I know have showers.

A few schools put us in the trainer's room. One designed what appears to be a dedicated officials' locker room, but it's small and cramped with three officials. Shift change is a nightmare.