View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 18, 2011, 11:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
While this may be true 95% of the time, it really depends on the level of the game, and the degree of rapport between partners.
The reason I would not do this, is I do not want to get into a big debate and cause a problem between me and my partner(s) over one judgment call. Now discussing this after the game or even halftime under the right circumstances I would have no problem doing. But I would not want to debate this and look like I am trying to influence his call. Coaches will take any little body language or conversation the wrong way. I have had coaches that even saw both officials signal a foul (not like a blarge) and assume that the other partner had something different. It is not all about the rapport you have or do not have, it is just do you want every call to be up for debate and a coach wanting you to change or give information. At least it is more acceptable on an out of bounds play, but we cannot have every travel or double dribble up for debate or we would never get through a game. Even guys I know very well can get upset when you question their judgment on simple traveling plays.

Peace