View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Odd moment from game.

Guys ~ Thanks for the discussion on my post "Scoring Error at End of Game (help with situation)."

I watched the video and because I was so caught up in talking to you all about the game ending situation, I had another item I wanted to discuss. With about 10 minutes to go in the game, I am the T following the ball up the floor from the endline w/little to no pressure. I look towards the sideline and notice a wheelchair is slowly coming onto the floor being operated by a handicapped person (a quadrapalegic who couldn't really speak). I calmly call officials time out and this person drives around the floor for 3-4 minutes and no one comes to help. I ask the table to call for the site supervisor (who was in the other gym watching a JV game). I really didn't know what to do. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I had the teams go to their bench, but stay on the floor as if in a 30-sec time out.

What would you have done? It wasn't even apparent if the person was with the home or visitors. No one came to help out other than a nice lady who ultimately helped guide this person off of the floor so we could resume play.