View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:29am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchamp View Post
So you're gonna come in here and tell us there was controversy on a football field, and not tell us anything about the controversy?
After seeing the fox, the onside kick controversy was just an afterthought.

Anyway, Skyline is the big magnet school in the DISD that is predominately black. They are able to get athletes from all over the school district just because they might offer a class that other schools don't offer. For example, culinary arts is one of these classes.

Southlake Carroll is the wealthy, rich white boys, with a few black kids sprinkled in, usually sons of pro athletes. Several of the Rangers and Cowboys live out there as there are several million dollar or more homes.

Sitting on the Skyline side, they were in a flux about "whitey" getting the benefit of the doubt. After the game the Skyline fans were screaming across the way, while the Southlake band played.

Skyline screwed up catching the onside kick IMO, so I don't understand what all the beef was about.

The fox was pretty cool. I've seen some on occasions run out from wooded creek beds close to my house.