View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 13, 2011, 02:55pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If my post did not make it clear by the modifications, it is clear that they obviously do not seem to care what protocols you are referring to. So even if you or the NF cares about when or what "participating" means, it is irrelevant here (meaning Illinois). Like I said, we do not work for the NF, we work for our state organizations or association. And if they have a ruling or interpretation of how something they want handled they have the right to make that decision to either rectify the situation or do what is necessary to not have unnecessary issues. The issue here has never been when to make this calls as so much information was to give a T before the game similar to what took place years ago in the State Finals.

And now they are completely changing the rule as to what is a legal or illegal uniform. I am sure that schools across the country are also illegal but I doubt their state associations have insisted that any minor infraction be called or else (like they have here, meaning Illinois ).

Peace
I agree. State and local dictates trump NFHS, every time. When the guy who signs my check or gives me games tells me to do it a certain way, I do it that way regardless of how the "protocol" may be read out of the book.

As bob notes, the technical is unavoidable (assuming the coach doesn't have alternate jerseys on the bus), so actually tossing the ball is just an exercise in protocol with no other purpose.

Last edited by Adam; Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 02:58pm.